Saturday, December 23, 2006

My observation of the obvious

This may be a statement of the obvious, but I am going to post it anyway.

One good sign about this team is that we have had so many different players lead the team in scoring, or make significant scoring contributions. With Steph on the bench in fould trouble yesterday, Jason stepped up in a big way to score 25 points. Thomas Sander has led the team by dropping 30 points in a game, if I remember correctly. Steph has obviously led the team in scoring numerous times. MPG has dropped 20 or so on a team or two. I may be leaving a player or two out, but my point is not to single out players.

My point is that the depth on this team is great. We don't have to depend on one player to single-handedly lead this team to victory. While we would have liked Steph to have avoided fould trouble and played more yesterday, we could take comfort in knowing that other players on the team were going to step up and fill the void. That's how this team seems to be working this year.....and, as Martha Stewart would say, that's a "good thing".

No comments: