Monday, January 08, 2007

Davidson to face Furman on Wednesday

The Wildcats travel down I-85 to Greenville, SC to face the Furman Paladins on Wednesday night at 7:00. Luckily, this game will be at the Bi-Lo Center in downtown Greenville, rather that at the atrocious Timmons Arena on Furman's campus.

The Bi-Lo Center holds about 16,000 people, so it will be about empty. It will look about as desolate as the North Charleston Arena did for the SoCon Tournament last March. But, that's fine with me. I'd much rather be right down the road from my office for the game, instead of way out on Furman's campus at that awful excuse for an arena called Timmons. I wrote a little commentary about that place before last year's game, which can be found here.

This should be a tough game. Furman is expected to compete for the Southern Conference title this year, with a senior-laden team. Also, keep in mind that Furman ended Davidson's SoCon winning streak last year.

No comments: