Thursday, January 18, 2007

Davidson apparently a good bet...

...against the spread.

I'm almost embarrassed to post this, since I don't gamble and think it's a basically pointless, but I find it humorous to know that bookmakers even consider Davidson. I guess you can bet on just about anything.

College hoops top 5: Unranked ATS teams
(ATS = against the spread? Like I said, I don't gamble, so I'm not into the lingo.)

Davidson Wildcats (9-3)

Davidson is beating teams straight up and against the spread with regularity this season.

They’ve won of 12 of 15 games SU so far, including their last eight straight. The Wildcats are 6-1 ATS during this stretch, and showed they can cover a big spread with an 86-61 win over Elon University on Dec. 1 as 18-point favorites.

The Wildcats` backcourt trio of Max Paulhus Gosselin, Jason Richards and Stephen Curry have received a lot of credit for the team’s hot streak, especially after they combined for 71 points in a 92-80 win as 2 ½-point favorites over Chattanooga on Dec. 18.

No comments: