Monday, February 18, 2008

My own thoughts on the Furman game

I just finished watching the Furman game that I had recorded on my DVR. I knew the outcome, of course, but it was still fun to watch. These are just a few observations:

It was BIG WILLIE TIME!! 28 points from the coolest Wildcat on the team. He not only had the hot hand from outside, but made some really nice driving buckets. It was great to see him bust out like that. Very impressive. Incidentally, Will wears the same number I wore when I played football at Davidson*. Coincidence? I think not. (Not even sure what that is supposed to mean, but it sounded good.)


Our sentimental favorite Wildcat, Can Civi, scored the final 2 points in the Furman game. Did anybody else notice the Davidson bench going nuts after Can scored? Andrew Lovedale was literally jumping up and down, waving his towel. It's great to see teammates pull for each other so hard.

News Flash: In case you've spent the past two seasons on the moon, Steph Curry can shoot. His range is almost limitless. I mean, did you see the 3-pointer he shot in the first part of the second half? It was about 8-10 feet behind the line. I just started laughing out loud when I saw that. My wife was like "what is so funny?" So, I showed her the shot, and she just said "Wow!" It just doesn't seem fair. It just looks so easy for him.



[*I played football my freshman year at Davidson (fall 1990), and found out in the summer of 1991 - right before early football practice started my sophomore year - that I have a neck condition that put me at risk for a spinal injury, which prevented me from playing any further. I had played since 2nd grade.]

No comments: