Joey Beeler -- Assistant SID
DAVIDSON, N.C. -- Winners of seven straight and a perfect 9-0 in Southern Conference play, Bob McKillop and his Davidson Wildcats head to Charleston, S.C., for a pair of games beginning with a 7 p.m. tip at The Citadel Thursday at McAlister Field House.
- Fresh off its 14th straight league road victory, Davidson looks to remain unbeaten in Southern Conference play with a 7 p.m. tip this evening at The Citadel.
- The Wildcats enter tonight’s contest 11-6 overall and 9-0 in the league after claiming their seventh straight and 19th consecutive SoCon regular season victory. In their last outing, Stephen Curry (29) and Jason Richards (18) combined for 47 points and 11 three-pointers.
- Curry leads the SoCon in scoring and ranks fifth nationally with an average of 24.1 per outing. The 6-3 shooting guard also ranks among national leaders in three-pointers per game (5th / 4.1) and free-throw percentage (22nd / 87.9 percent). The SoCon Preseason Player of the Year has reached double figures in 44 consecutive.
- Along with Curry ranking among national leaders in scoring, his backcourt mate Richards is also averaging double digits (13.1 ppg.) and still leads the country in assists at 8.7 per contest, while ranking 20th in assist/turnover ratio (2.69).
- In the last meeting with The Citadel, Bryant Barr drilled six treys and was one of three Wildcats to hit the 20-point plateau as Davidson defeated the Bulldogs 95-74, Dec. 13, 2007. In his brief career, the native of Falmouth, Maine, is 12-of-21 from long range against The Citadel, including a 21-point performance (7-9 3-Ptr) at McAlister Field House Feb. 24, 2007.
- Davidson has won 12 straight against The Citadel.
Coaches: Davidson Bob McKillop, the all-time winningest coach in Davidson and SoCon history has compiled a record of 322-224. The six-time SoCon Coach of the Year is in his 19th year at the helm. The Citadel Ed Conroy is 12-34 in two seasons on the Bulldogs' bench and 53-74 as a collegiate head coach.
Series: Davidson leads, 87-43
Last Meeting: Bryant Barr drilled six treys and was one of three Wildcats to hit the 20-point plateau as Davidson defeated the Bulldogs 95-74, Dec. 13, 2007.