Thursday, June 29, 2006

Winters comments on NBA workouts

Here's the content from the Charlotte Bobcats' website:

BRENDAN WINTERS • 6-5 • 205 LBS.
GUARD • DAVIDSON • SENIOR

(On previous workouts) I worked out for Indiana last Thursday (June 15) and have one in Detroit on Tuesday (June 20). Hopefully I will have two or three more in the future.

(On working out for the Bobcats) It was really cool having your home team bring you in for a workout. They give you a chance to get a look and the possibility of playing for an NBA team.

(On draft expectations) I’m pretty realistic. I would like to take it one step at a time. If I don’t get drafted, I’ll try to make a summer league team and play my way up to be invited to a training camp and then go from there. If I make the training camp, and make the team, then I’ll play in the NBA. If not, I’ll go over to Europe and play.

(On nervousness of the workout) Honestly, I wasn’t as nervous today as my first one in Indiana. I had one under my belt today. It’s always a little nerve-racking to go out there and prove yourself pretty much in front of famous people, and coaches who are going to critque your game. It’s always a lot of fun though.

(On his father Brian Winters) My dad has been my number one mentor from day one. He is a guy that has always believed in me, and with his NBA experience, I know I can always rely on him for advice. He will always tell me what to expect, what to look for, and how to do things. He got a workout for me that I can do on my own that helps me get in shape, and simulates the drills that the majority of NBA teams do.

1 comment:

Kainito said...

I think getting Ghosts good information ผีดุ on the site is a great benefit to be able to continue.