Thursday, June 29, 2006

Winters comments on NBA workouts

Here's the content from the Charlotte Bobcats' website:

BRENDAN WINTERS • 6-5 • 205 LBS.
GUARD • DAVIDSON • SENIOR

(On previous workouts) I worked out for Indiana last Thursday (June 15) and have one in Detroit on Tuesday (June 20). Hopefully I will have two or three more in the future.

(On working out for the Bobcats) It was really cool having your home team bring you in for a workout. They give you a chance to get a look and the possibility of playing for an NBA team.

(On draft expectations) I’m pretty realistic. I would like to take it one step at a time. If I don’t get drafted, I’ll try to make a summer league team and play my way up to be invited to a training camp and then go from there. If I make the training camp, and make the team, then I’ll play in the NBA. If not, I’ll go over to Europe and play.

(On nervousness of the workout) Honestly, I wasn’t as nervous today as my first one in Indiana. I had one under my belt today. It’s always a little nerve-racking to go out there and prove yourself pretty much in front of famous people, and coaches who are going to critque your game. It’s always a lot of fun though.

(On his father Brian Winters) My dad has been my number one mentor from day one. He is a guy that has always believed in me, and with his NBA experience, I know I can always rely on him for advice. He will always tell me what to expect, what to look for, and how to do things. He got a workout for me that I can do on my own that helps me get in shape, and simulates the drills that the majority of NBA teams do.

1 comment:

Raul said...

The information contained in this site is very important to you. This page offers the ability to find information concerning any sport and any country. It's really important to visit this site. Never saw anything like before. We wholeheartedly recommend.

The best place for mlb .com,mlb cap, 2007 mlb prospect top. For more information visit:
http://www.bet911.com