Sunday, March 23, 2008

Davidson picked to upset Georgetown by this guy

BY MICHAEL ROSENBERG • FREE PRESS COLUMNIST • March 18, 2008

I see you picked Davidson to make the Sweet 16. Admit it: You can't name three of its players.

Look at you, trotting out the tired old, "you don't even know who you're picking" argument. Tell me something: If names are such a big deal, how come everybody has one?

This is what I know: Davidson has won 22 straight games and lost to North Carolina by four and Duke by six. The Wildcats also led UCLA by 18 before losing.

Plus, I am only really counting on Davidson for one major upset, over second-seeded Georgetown. And when it comes to upsets, I am a big believer in the "upsettee theory," which is that you pick AGAINST the favorite as much as you pick the underdog.

Georgetown made the Final Four last year and seems due for an early knockout.

No comments: