Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Davidson's drama dept apparently rocks

Here's a little news I happened to come across. Since it's a bit slow for hoops right now, I thought I'd post it. This blog is, after all, subtitled "Coverage of Wildcat Basketball and all things Davidson". Therefore, why can't I veer away from hoops from time to time??

Perfect 10: Davidson sweeps drama awards

Davidson finished the evening a perfect 10-for-10 in the college and university category at the Metrolina Theatre Awards last Sunday, including the 'Outstanding' awards for director, production, actor and actress.

Although the college competed against UNC Charlotte, Gardner-Webb and Pfeiffer universities, Davidson often competed against itself, with at least two nominations in every category. Davidson had 21 nominations overall after receiving 11 at last year's awards.

Davidson's 'She Loves Me,' a musical similar to the movie 'You've Got Mail,' swept the awards.

************

Pictured above: Ryan Creighan '07 and Hanley Smith '07 won best actor and actress awards for their lead roles in last spring's "She Loves Me."
***************
Let's hear it for the drama people. I don't know who they are, but they are apparently pretty darn good. Drama's not my thing, but I'll give them their due. Good job, drama people! It's not all just about basketball at good 0ld Davidson!

No comments: