Thursday, March 27, 2008

A sign that Davidson has hit "the big time"

I went to the gas station today with my Davidson car flag flying. I pulled up next to a 20+ year-old Cutlass. There was some guy in the car that had a poorly kept beard and was speaking in a very country accent. He said, "Davidson....you guys really put it on those boys this weekend!" I turned, somewhat astonished, and started talking with the guy. He asked me where exactly Davidson is, and I told him. We ended up talking for a few minutes, and we ended by exchanging a high five and agreeing that he had to pull for the Wildcats to pull out a win on Friday night.

Pulling into that gas station, I never would have expected that conversation to take place. We've now got one more Davidson fan in Greenville, SC, and that's awesome.

After that encounter today, I realized how far and wide this team's accomplishments are reaching. Pretty cool stuff.

[Click here to read more stories from DavidsonCats.com like this that illustrate the effect our team is having on the country.]

No comments: